In Darkness Light

In Darkness Light
Created by Greg Martin

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Movie Review: Red

Well this being my first movie review bare with me.  I had a chance to see it the other day.  The movie stars Bruce Willis (always on of my favorites, how can you go wrong with the talented actor who was in some of my favorites, Armageddon, The Fifth Element and the Die Hard series.  You just can't!)  Then a favorite for almost everyone, Morgan Freeman.  Some of my all-time Freeman films:: The Dark Knight, Bruce Almighty, Deep Impact, The Shawshank Redemption, and Invictus just to name a few.  Mary-Louise Parker, John Malkovich and Helen Mirren all great actors and actresses were also big characters in the movie.

I thought the movie was entertaining.  Was is the best movie I have seen in the past few years? Not even close, but by watching the trailer you could more or less gauge this was going to be a comedic-action packed movie.  Lot's of shooting, some funny scenes, and an awesome appearance from Richard Dreyfuss.  Gotta love him in "What About Bob?"  The plot of this movie kept me interested from beginning to end, although there were some scenes where you could predict what would happen, the end had a slight twist, yet still somewhat predictable.

I would recommend seeing this for a few reasons:

1) Bruce Willis
2) Morgan Freeman (which my friend Marc likes him so much, he named his wireless network after him, kind of sad, but nonetheless...it is Morgan Freeman)
3) You want a new action movie, but don't mind if you fall asleep by accident for 5 minutes.

I give it 3 out of 5, was actually a pretty good movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment